Job description in local language
Design Engineer - Japanese Speaker
Autoliv, Inc., a world leader in the development and manufacture of automotive safety systems, is currently accepting applications for a Design Engineer position in the Nissan Business Unit at the Technical Center in Ogden, Utah. The primary role is to support application launches for airbags.
- Designs functional airbag systems following Autoliv methodology (eAPDS).
- Develops or improves upon (VEVA) all major components of the system.
- Works closely with the Project Team Leader and a Cross Functional Team.
- Coordinates CAD data construction with customer.
- Responsible for release notes specifications, DFMEA, DRBFM, DVP&R and other relevant engineering documents.
- Investigates design factors such as ease of manufacture, choice of materials and equipment, strength/weight/cost balance, and specification requirements.
- Follows Design Guidelines (DGR) and other standards.
- Releases drawings of complex assemblies, parts, and process steps.
- Checks drawings for completeness, conformity to standards, and accuracy of calculations and dimensioning.
- Verifies product performance through analysis and testing.
- Writes test reports.
- Communicates clearly and negotiates effectively with customer.
- Identifies product non-conformances, design errors, and other deficiencies, and recommends revisions and/or improvements through problem solving techniques.
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering (or related degree) at an accredited university.
- Japanese language skills a must.
- Must have strong engineering and communication skills, be able to work through tasks with little supervision, have good work ethic, be a team player, follow-through on commitments, have design aptitude, be able to visualize concepts, be detail oriented, and have an ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks.
Please apply at www.autoliv.com (select Careers, Career Opportunities) by March 18, 2013 (or email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org).
Autoliv ASP, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer providing a competitive salary with a rich benefits package.