|· BS in Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering, MS preferred.|
- Equivalent electronics test validation experience may be acceptable.
· Five or more years of related job experience desired, automotive safety and restraint systems experience preferred.
· Knowledge of automotive electronic products and embedded micro-controller products.
· Strong problem solving skills to aid in analysis and physical troubleshooting of electronic products.
· Skilled with both manual and automated test creation and execution techniques
· Skilled in the use of product communication protocols and tools such as serial communications, CAN, LIN, ISO, etc.
· Knowledge of development, construction, and usage of test equipment.
· Knowledge of arbitrary waveform generators, signal generators, and oscilloscopes is preferred.
· Knowledge of analysis tools like CANalyzer, CANoe, CAPL
· Familiar with interface tools like SCAT2, Netway, Hercules, Gryphon, DPS
· Familiar with embedded S/W & languages like VB, C, C++, LabView, assembly
· Familiar with configuration & version control systems (like MKS, PVCS)
· Familiar with simulation tools & systems (like Mathcad modeling, MATLAB, Simulink)
· Familiar with requirements management & traceability systems
· Familiar with computer office applications such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Project, and Visio.
Job description in local language
Software Validation Engineer
The AEA Software Validation Engineer is responsible for the software verification and validation of electronic automotive products. The Software Validation Engineer serves as a member of specific product development team(s) from sourcing through production, and is responsible for ensuring that a product is tested to meet customer and internal requirements through comprehensive analysis of requirements and creation and execution of appropriate test cases for the product.
Plan and conduct specification reviews, design assessments, and inspections of assigned products and requirements.
Work with Product Design Team(s) to develop appropriate test coverage mapped to customer and internal requirements. Collect and organize the test requirements and data for all levels of testing, as required.
Develop and document test plans, specifications, procedures, and cases in order to verify correct functionality and design of the product. Execute developmental, Design Validation, design characterization and limit/margin testing, with project team(s), as necessary.
Support, organize and participate in technical design reviews, peer reviews, team meetings, and process audits as needed.
Negotiate start and completion dates for validation efforts, required equipment and supplies, and seek customer approval for plans and timing.
Coordinate the specification, procurement, and construction of test equipment as needed. Ensure capability and performance of all test equipment and tools. Troubleshoot test equipment and test setups and coordinate efforts to repair or update equipment, as needed.
Analyze and verify any issues discovered, log potential software defects into a defect tracking database, and review test data with team members. Create summary reports for all tests conducted and distribute as required. Archive all test procedures and data in the appropriate file archive system.
Assure customer confidentiality in all communications and actions.
Work independently, and in conjunction with the project team, as required. Represent the Product Assurance Section in all cross functional team meetings.
Complete all administrative assignments and ensure adherence to internal standards, safety, cleanliness, and organization of all work products. Follow AEA development processes and APDS processes as required.
Willing to travel.
|Action oriented, Analytical, Attention to detail, Commitment to excellence, Communicate effectively, Professional attitude, Teamwork, Think globally, Technical orientation|